Exp: 9 - 12 years
CTC: 25 - 35 LPA
Talents should be from Banking/Finance/Telecom Billing
Should have managed a team of 10-15 members
Experience in Unix/Linux
Preferred: Talents from Product Dev/Investment Banks
Current role should be Technical Manager / Development Manager / Engineering Manager
80% Technical 20% Management
Qualification : B.tech, BE, MCA
One of India's largest travel conglomerates, has been a pioneer in providing a global platform to the Indian Travel industry by enabling access to state of the art travel automation technology.
Our IT Group is a transaction processor for the global travel and tourism industry. The company is structured around two key related areas - its global distribution system and its IT Solutions business area
The central database is located at Erding, Germany. The major development centers are located in Bangalore (India), Sophia Antipolis (France) and Boston (United States). In addition to airlines, the CRS is also used to book train travel, cruises, car rental, ferry reservations, and hotel rooms. We also also provide New Generation departure control systems to airlines.
R&D team is looking for a development manager who will be responsible for managing the delivery of Rail product enhancements, lead solution architecture definition and manage production environments for a set of components.
The manager will lead an agile team who will redefine the way for Rail B2B business. You will conceptualize and manage the development of a set of components of our Rail product suite of complex backend components which interface with OLTAs and regional TMCs providing you the opportunity to work on cutting edge transformation and complex change programs. A key part of your responsibility would also be to ensure production up time for components within our Rail platform with near zero downtime.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with product managers and Rail release management team to develop and evolve the product using agile practices. You will have the complete bottom line for ensuring high quality, on-time delivery of product enhancements in a fast paced environment
- Lead an agile team to deliver product enhancements with high quality and fast time to market. Run ahead of the team to conceptualize solution design, anchor design and code reviews to ensure that the feature is delivered with high quality to production the very first time
- Be responsible for maintenance of key components of Amadeus Rail platform and ensure production up time.
- Work closely with developers to architect and design the best technical designs and deliver very high quality code. You should be willing to roll up your sleeves as and when required and help the team to build scalable, maintainable and resilient components
- Be responsible for building architecture and Rail domain competency in the team. Mentor the team to see the big picture, understand how the various components of the product suite works in tandem to meet the end customer requirements
- Build a vibrant, positively motivated team having a high sense of urgency; set the bar high and provide necessary support and mentoring to team members to achieve it
- Advocate planning and continuous improvement. Set and communicate clear and aligned goals, monitor progress and ensures leaders in own organization do the same.
- Develop and communicate logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learnt that build commitment and support for one’s perspectives and initiatives
- Actively monitor dependencies in a distributed application landscape and work with stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are resolved in a timely fashion
- Actively monitor deliverables in a distributed application landscape across multiple projects and align stakeholders on the impact of their deliverables on other teams and help expedite delivery
- Weekly status reporting, ensuring delivery per budget
Qualifications and Skills
- 8 - 12 years of experience working in a distributed product development environment
- Should have excellent technical knowledge of distributed platforms acquired via hands on experience. Extremely strong in in C++, good exposure to Python and having technical width on multiple areas
- Should have exposure to complete product development lifecycle including production support
- Should have prior experience working with product management to prioritize roadmap items for delivery
- Should have cross functional expertise and hands on experience as a developer, architect, business analyst and team lead on complex technology projects (C++ or Python)
- Should have worked in cross functional teams (product management, development, QA, customers), understand team dynamics and priorities of each functional stakeholder and work with them to meet the deadlines
- Should have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Should be assertive, able to resolve conflicts and gain consensus in a cross functional team
- Past experience with working on agile teams, scrum master, PMI-ACP certification is a plus
- Knowledge of travel domain is a plus
Skills / Competencies
- Strong technical skills with hands on experience in architecting and leading teams building enterprise products.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands on experience with object oriented design (C++) to be able to work effectively with engineering managers
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems design
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Stakeholder management in a functional organization; ability to work under pressure, negotiate and reach consensus
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles and adversity. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges & responsibility
- Builds and sustains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational and geographic boundaries to achieve goals
- Builds positively motivated teams. Develops talent and replacement plan for own organization that increase efficiency and build diversity. Creates an environment where team members are held accountable for their area of responsibility. Mentors, guides and sponsors development of key talent.