Exp: 6 - 12 years
CTC: 35 - 50 LPA
Excellent Java coding skills
Experience in High Level Design
At least 1.5-2 years experience in Big Data Technologies like HDFS, YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Spark
At least 4 yrs out of 7 yrs of total experience in product based/e-commerce company
Experience with Data Structure and Algorithms
Talents based out of Bangalore
NASDAQ listed American worldwide e-commerce marketplace connecting subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in 15 countries. By the end of March 2015, served more than 500 cities worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally in 48 countries
The SDE III/IV provides technical leadership. They establish, evangelize and drive technology innovations, architecture and best practices. They mentor the technical organization and its path to excellence. They work on our most critical problems, and ensure that the solutions match our business needs. They ensure that we are building solutions for sustainability - scale, performance, and secure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The position will be in support of data creation, ingestion, management, and client consumption.
- This individual has an absolute requirement to be well versed in Big Data fundamentals such as HDFS and YARN.
- More than a working knowledge of Sqoop and Hive is required with understanding of partitioning/data formats/compression/performance tuning/etc.
- Preferably, the candidate has a strong knowledge of Spark on either Python or Scala. Experience in Spark is must.
- SQL for Teradata/Hive Query is required. Knowledge of other industry ETL tools (including No SQL) such Cassandra/Drill/Impala/etc. is a plus.
- Data Science Background to work with DS Team.
- Develop software solutions for centralized customer data, using various Big Data technologies.
- Design, develop, test, debug, implement, and support data collection, filtering, and aggregation processes in data warehouse.
- Develop Extract Transform Load (ETL) process and data structures using efficient programming standards and practices.
- Troubleshoot new and existing ETL processes as well as recommend appropriate solutions
- Operation focused, including building proper monitoring on data process and data quality.
- Perform analysis on data discrepancies and recommend solutions based upon root cause.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Work with an international group for global standards, accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6+ years of experience in designing and developing software.
- 2+ years of experience in building data pipelines and ETL process.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers.
- Ability to architect, design and develop complex systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Expertise building pipe lines using big data technologies, databases and tools HDFS, YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Spark.
- Backend experience with RESTful API and RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc.)
- Knowledge of other industry ETL tools (including No SQL) such Cassandra/Drill/Impala/etc. is a plus.
- Creative problem solving skills, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Be a role model for engineers on the team, providing timely coaching and mentoring to all.
- Passion for ensuring high quality architecture and customer experience.
- Data sciences background is a big plus.